NeXT Cube - powers on briefly then off again

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:49:42 CDT 2015

I should make clear that for what I'm saying below, I was NOT testing supplies on their own, but was indeed testing a complete cube with the logic and hard drives hooked up- just with no MegaPixel display attached.

And the point stands- Without a reasonable dummy load for the display itself, some cubes wouldn't stay on.

This was about 12 years ago and I was in middle school so I didn't take notes like I do now. Ergo I don't recall more specifics.

Just that I used two sizable ceramic resistors that hung off the display connector to mitigate this behavior.

Sent from my iPhone