NeXT Cube - powers on briefly then off again

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:42:53 CDT 2015

No- if it works with the standard display, the supply is fine.

Now that that's clear, I recall some cube supplies would do this without a load for a display- I used to test them by triggering the power-on pin, and seem to remember this behavior occurring if I didn't have a big-ass resistor attached across the pins that normally supplied power to the CRT.

Try getting a dummy load on there, the circuitry you have may not be putting enough load on the lines that usually run the CRT to keep the supply in a steady state.

Cheers,

- Ian

Sent from my iPhone