360 mockups Re: Has anyone hear of the Computer History Archives Project?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Oct 22 11:01:35 CDT 2015

On 10/22/2015 07:13 AM, steven at malikoff.com wrote:
>> Steve wrote:
>>> (By the way - I'm looking for a red INTERRUPT insert, red STOP insert and
>>> pearl POWER ON insert for my 360/40 console, if anyone can help :)
>>>
>> Is this for a mockup or a real 360/40 console?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter Coghlan
>>
> Oh, it's quite real :)  I have some ideas on machining the inserts from blocks
> of ABS plastic, incuding the curved depression on the front. I have some red ABS that is
> the right colour but not thick enough so I'll pay another visit to the plastics shop to
> get something more suitable. Just another of my gunnadoos...

I have a box of Honeywell pushbutton inserts from various
machines scrapped over the years.
I have a couple translucent red ones that are real deep, and
look a lot like they would fit the switches on a 360.
They are .980" wide, .749 high and .693" deep.  (24.9 mm W,
19 mm H and 17.6 mm deep)

They have a groove on the rear top and bottom that the clip
of the switch grabs them by.  They are not ABS, as they are
translucent.  I also have 2 each, green and white versions
of these same items.  I don't know if these will fit your
console switches, but if they will, you are welcome to them.

I also have a bunch of the two-piece buttons that are more
typical of the Honeywell switches, they have a colored
insert and a clear snap-on cover.  You can put a piece of
film between these to create a legend.

Jon