Has anyone hear of the Computer History Archives Project?

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:21:02 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-20 11:34 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 10/20/2015 05:39 PM, Chris Elmquist wrote:
> I watched the IBM 360 one (17 minutes) it had some GREAT pictures of
> making SLT modules and core planes.
>
> They had a machine in the pictures that I didn't recognize.  It had a
> black front panel and a long row of address dials, no switches. It
> might have been a stripped-down version of what eventually became the
> 360/22, /25, or maybe /30, but it didn't seem to really just be a
> version of one of those just in black. The same machine is shown a
> number of times at the end of the video.  Anybody know?
>
> Jon
Well since this film is reputed to have come along in 1964,  we can
probably rule out 22 and 25 since they came along later  and the front
panel looks quite different from a model 30.  The panel also looks flat
unlike any I have seen.  Perhaps it is just a mock up that was used in
the production of the film.

Paul.