Processor card for a HP 9835.

Paul Berger paul.h.berger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:59:06 CDT 2015

Hi Rik,

I am pretty sure it is the CPU, the key had fallen out of the monitor
cable and I accidentally plugged it in backwards, and when I turned it I
almost immediately noticed the smell of magic smoke escaping.  The +12V
regulator was wrecked, both the 723 and its pass transistor plus a
couple burned foil traces on the power supply board.  I have repaired
the power supply and all the voltages are good now,  the clock input to
the CPU is good, however the clock outputs are dead.  I also fear for
the ROMs in the machine but I can fix that as I had already designed a
ROM card for option ROMs that I could easily modify for the system ROMs.

Paul.