8" hard sector (Was DG S/130 status)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Oct 16 13:47:03 CDT 2015

On 10/16/2015 11:00 AM, Chris Elmquist wrote:
> On Friday (10/16/2015 at 08:53AM -0700), Chris Osborn wrote:

> I will take some photos later today and round up some of the
> documentation we had for them and then send another note with links
> to same.

Strange--up until about a year ago, I had a customer who routinely sent
me batches of hard-sector 8" floppies recorded as soft-sector.  When I
asked about this, he stated that, at least for him, 8" HS floppies were
far more abundant and relatively easy to find, compared with SS ones.

He lives in Israel--maybe that made the difference.

--Chuck