8-sector decpacks?

Josh Dersch JoshD at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Oct 15 13:27:09 CDT 2015

That seems probable; the major reference I found was this:

http://www.ultimate.com/phil/pdp10/dec.disks

Which suggests that the RK02 is 12 or 16-sector; but it could be in error.  (I've verified via DEC peripheral handbooks that, at least on the -11, the RK02 used 12-sector packs.  I haven't yet found a handbook for the 8/I that covers the RK02 -- the one I have on my desk here is from 1972 and only talks about the RK01, so I guess it's a bit too early.  Given the short life of the RK02, it may be tough to find the right one :).

(The RK01 is 16-sector on the 8/I, FWIW.)

- Josh