RK11-C (was Re: H960 logo panel)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Oct 13 18:38:54 CDT 2015

    > From: Ethan Dicks

    > I only ever saw one other RK05F in the wild, FWIW.

I only ever saw one, also.

    > On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Henk Gooijen wrote:

    >> I remember (just) one RK11-C passing by on eBay .. at least 8 years
    >> ago. It sold for ~ $50 (IIRC).

    > That's an amazing price just for the pile of FLIPCHIPs.

Hey, back in the late 60's, you could buy an outdated Ferrari racing car, or
a retired Cobra Daytona, for a couple of thousand, US$. Those cars now sell
for tens of millions...

    >> Will never forget that I let that one go! :-(

The people who passed on those Ferraris, Daytonas, etc now have the same
reaction!

I wonder if PDP-11's will ever get anything like that stupid? Probably not
(although one never knows, q.v. the Ferraris and Daytonas); although I reckon
they will be more noteworthy to later collectors (i.e. who didn't use them
themselves) than most other old machines, because the PDP-11 was the machine
that really set Unix on the road. (Which is not why _I'm_ big on them,
mind...)

	Noel