H960 logo panel

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 14:59:34 CDT 2015

On 10/13/2015 9:29 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Henk Gooijen
>
>      > yes, please take a nice picture of it! ... The higher the resolution
>      > the better!
>
> OK, I scanned it (I prefer scanning to pictures, as there is almost
> inevitably distortion when using a lens), at 300 dpi. The whole thing
> wouldn't fit in my A3 scanner, but I got the majority of it, and the part
> that's not shown is just the plain two-colour band.
>
> Available here:
>
>    http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/CanadaPanel.jpg
>
> and I've also added it to my 'PDP-11 resources page', here:
>
>    http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/PDP-11_Stuff.html
>
> Also, I have recently scanned in the front indictor panel for the 11/55 and
> 11/70 (the later one, with the blue/blue colour scheme), and those can be
> found on that page too, along with drawings of the basic 40-45-70 panel (only
> the on/off switch, etc, locations differ) and the basic 45-50-55 panel (with
> on/off switch and selector switch holes added); those have also been added to
> that page.
>
> I'd like to encourage people with other front panels (I myself am
> particularly interested in those for the 11/45, RF11, RK11-C and RP11-C) to
> scan them too, for people who are interested in doing reproductions. I can
> host the images, for people who don't have that capability.
>
> 	Noel

A DEC DataSystem front panel just sold on Ebay for just under $1300.  It started at $799 and although I would love to have the regular PDP-11/70 panel, I almost went for it. But I knew it would go much higher than I could afford.  Since I doubt I'll ever be able to get a real one, making a modern replacement such as Rob Smallwood is doing for the PDP8's is on my to-do list. Hopefully I'll get there. :)

John H. Reinhardt