Q-bus I/O project

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Fri Oct 9 21:58:36 CDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 09:48:18PM -0500, Jay Jaeger wrote:
>Do U17,U15,U10,U6 perhaps have some solder bridges, or is that just some
>flux hanging around?

It's flux, but thanks for the heads-up!  I went over everything with
liquid-flux-soaked solder-wick and a stereo microscope ... there were a
ton of solder bridges before.  Scrubbing the board in alcohol and then
water gets 99% of the flux off, but turns the remainder white.  Now I've
scraped most of it out with a razor blade.

Also, I think I have ninjas.  Cooking this board let out an unusually
large cloud of vile rosin smoke, and until I aired the house out, there
were weird thumps and bumps coming from every corner but there was
nothing there when I turned to look.

John Wilson
D Bit