A new Lisp-based OS that hearkens back to the old days of comprehensible computers

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:33:12 CDT 2015

On 1 October 2015 at 19:11, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2015, Liam Proven wrote:
>
>> * m0n0wall
>

> Isn't m0n0wall just a LiveCD for a firewall?  It was when I used it last.

Well, yes. Discontinued this year but has surviving forks t1n1wall and
SmallWall.

The interesting thing about m0n0wall technically, AIUI, is that it had
removed almost all config files from /etc and everywhere else and
stored all config in a single XML file, administered via a remote GUI
written in PHP. This is pretty significant divergence from Unix
standards, so in my view, counts as an interesting distro, yes -- even
if a single-person one.