Sector Interleave

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Nov 30 17:13:22 CST 2015

On 11/30/2015 02:09 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
> Nothing wrong with what you wrote that I can see; excellent tutorial
> IMO.

The issue of "floppy interleave" pretty much went away when memory got
cheap enough to buffer an entire track, provided the controller is
capable of 1:1 interleave transfers.

An A-B comparison with interleaved vs. track buffering is quite
enlightening.

I don't think that any modern hard drives use interleaved transfer, but
I'm not certain.

Interleaving core accesses goes *way* back, as does using extra-wide
multi-word-at-a-time transfers.

Did the IBM 650 interleave drum sectors?

--Chuck