papertape repair tape or kit wanted

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:54:26 CST 2015

On Nov 30, 2015 7:29 AM, "tony duell" <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > NOTE: I will pay a generous price for a few inches of papertape repair
tape
> > if anyone has any!  I am located in Landenberg, PA USA....Contact me
> > privately if you can help.
>
> The official splicing tape I've seen is in little squares with all holes
punched
> (probably covers 9 or 10 characters on the tape. I may still have some
> somewhere, but it was trasparent tape so the crack between the ends of the
> 2 bits of paper tape you were joining would confuse most optical treaders.
>
> In the end I would run out a bit of all-holes tape (the Facit 4070 punch
I use
> has a switch for this!), cut off a bit and stick that over the join using
paper
> glue (a Prit Stick or equivalent works OK for splices that don't have to
last
> too long)
>
> -tony

Tony/all,
Yes, the little squares were what I have used before, they're pre-holed to
make it easy to realign overtop.   That si what I  am looking to source,
ideally comercially-produced if they exist.  ASR 33 use.

I'd be happy with a small qty if anyone has these for sale or trade.  Maybe
I will ask green keys list, just thought of that, doh!  Someone there might
be able to help.

Regarding the tape in question I do have a previously-punched backup tape
for "everyday" use, I do not plan to actually use the ripped original
unless there is no other choice.  I just want to repair it for archival
purposes.

Thanks
Bill