WTB Miniscribe 3425 (working or parts donor)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Nov 24 23:00:02 CST 2015

Hmm, now this is interesting. It occurred to me to try tacking a bit of aluminum foil tape onto the interruptor blade to make it cover the optical sensor earlier before hitting the hard stop. That made the drive seek differently, and then report either "Track Zero sensor misadjusted" or "Seek error during burn-in or recal". Maybe the sensor is just knocked slightly out of adjustment? I'm hesitant to move it if there's any chance that it's in the correct location, but maybe this is worth experimenting with.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/