VT100 - FUN

Sue Skonetski Sue.Skonetski at VMSSoftware.com
Tue Nov 10 10:05:06 CST 2015

I remember at DEC when we all at VT100’s and then the big day came when we could upgrade to the “New Color” monitors Ah just to think of the orange glow of the words radiating from the screen.  Of course you could get green as well.  Not a lot of choice compared to today but ground breaking at the time.
The company I used to work for still makes brand new VT’s since folks like them so much.  VT520 and the DEC style keyboards.  Some things never go out of style.

sue

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 10:42 AM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> They were for video in and out. You could sync the VT100  to a feed of
>> mono video and the overlaid
>> picture would appear on the screen and at the video out connector.
>
> Actually, I beleive (confirmed by the VT100 tech manual and schematics)
> that you have to sync the external video to the VT100 and not the other
> way round. In other words, you take the signal from the Video Out socket,
> extract the sync, then use that to sync the video source (camera or whatever)
> that you feed into the Video In socket
>
>> The only secret was you had to set it for 50Hz .
>
> It works perfectly well with the VT100 set to 60Hz, provided that is the vertical
> rate of the external video source.
>
> -tony

Sue Skonetski

VP of Customer Advocacy
Sue.Skonetski at vmssoftware.com
Office: +1 (978) 451-0116
Mobile: +1 (603) 494-9886

Mit freundlichen Grüßen – Avec mes meilleures salutations