Emulex QD32

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:57:29 CST 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:56 AM, Christian Corti
<cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Playing a bit with the QD32 I've found out that it has the "big" EPROM, i.e.
> the 27256 32kB ROM, and this one *includes* the diagnostic routines.
>
> So there are the instructions how to enter the built-in routines:

> D/P/W 20001F40 20
> D/P/L 20088000 80000000
> D/P/L 20088004 80000001
> D/P/W 200000EC 1
> D/P/W 200000EE 3003
> D * 4401
> S 80
>
> And here we go:
>
> Firmware-Resident Diagnostic
> Copyright (c) 1988 Emulex Corporation all rights reserved

That looks like the same magic F.R.D. spell shared by at least the
QD21 and QD33 as documented in section 4.7.3 Starting F.R.D. on a
MicroVAX II and a GPX Workstation in these manuals:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/emulex/QD2151002-J_QD21_Jun90.pdf
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/emulex/QD3351002-M_QD33_Dec90.pdf

Helpful that they kept that consistent across multiple controllers.