Emulex QD32

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 2 05:37:52 CST 2015

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Jay Jaeger wrote:
> I also have a QD32. I have Emulex diagnostics, but on a TK50, and I
> don't have an image, nor do I have any diagnostic documentation.
>
> However, when I ran the diagnostic (many YEARS ago) on my uVax II
> (FVD32M) it was self-explanatory.
[...]

I wish it were true in my case. I don't even get it running under SIMH.
Is it possible that the error is because of the monitor not seeing the
QD32? At least if I netboot NetBSD it doesn't see the QD32 either, only
the RQDX3. But OTOH I can enter
>>> B DUB2
from the console and it tries to boot from the SMD disk (which fails
because of read errors).

This is the SIMH output (running the microvax2 binary with the patched
ka630.bin image):
(and yes, the monitor identifies the CPU as MicroVAX I ...)

sim> att rq3 emulex_qd32_diag.img
sim> b cpu
KA630-A.V1.3

Performing normal system tests.

   5..4..3..

Tests completed.

>>> b dua3

   2..1..0..

Emulex VAX Monitor V1.2  MicroVAX I  16-SEP-1985 09:00:00

uEVM>LOAD FVD32M

--->ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD PROGRAM;
     PHYSICAL READ ERROR

I think it would be great to have your TK50 imaged in some way and have it
e.g. on bitsavers.

Christian