Looking for the Tek 465 of Logic Analysers

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri May 29 15:28:19 CDT 2015

> That's good to hear.
> 2 weeks ago I got an HP1630D and last week a 1631.
> Both came with pods, but the first one did not have the "plug"
> with the test leads, and the second one did. So I bought the second

The actual pods, which are plugged into the back of the instrument are
quite complex and have a ceramic hybrid circuit inside. Not the sort of thing
to attempt to replicate. The input to the pod is a pin header with an
odd spacing. The lead from that to the grabber clips is just wires, so something
could be kludged up

> one too for the plugs with leads. The 1631 looks quite identical to
> the 1630, but the 1631 has additionally 2 analog inputs. Not sure
> whether I will need them.

They are much the same instrument -- I think the same manual covers both, Most of the
boards are the same (there may well be different firmware on the CPU board, but I think
that is the only change). The 1631 has an extra PCB at the bottom which contains the custom
input and ADC circuitry to make it act as a digital storage 'scope too.

-tony