Old HP test equipment power connectors...

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Wed May 27 19:41:41 CDT 2015

On Wed, 27 May 2015, tony duell wrote:

> But almost all shavers sold over here now run off internal rechargeable
> batteries. Why I do not know. It's not as if the cable is a major
> problem (unlike having a battery that is flat when you need it and which
> has a limited life anyway). Amazingly the chargers that come with these
> shavers have the 2 round pins to fit a shaver socket. Quite why you need
> to be able to charge it in a bathroom is beyond me, but...

 That's because they fit virtually all ordinary mains sockets across
continental Europe, that happen to be compatible to the common UK shaver
socket for 2-pin unearthed (class II) appliances.  So manufacturers simply
do not bother making a special version of shaver charger plugs just for
the UK.  The same applies to toothbrushes.

  Maciej