ROM dumps of Intel MDS-2 IOC

Richard B. Main, Esq. mainpatents at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:22:14 CDT 2015

F.Ulivi,

I have an MDS-225 on a breadboard for easy access.  I bought it in
pieces and now getting it going. I believe I may be able to dump all
the EPROMS in my Pro-Log M980 and het hexfiles over USB-232 to my
WINDOWS laptop to email to you.

I just got the Intel 2708 personality module for the Pro-Log and not
sure its working.

On the built in CRT, Intel used the Ball Brothers TV120 with an early
VGA interface. It is TTL with /VERT, HORIZ, and VIDEO. You can wire up
a modern DB25 VGA monitor to the IOC and hook each of R G B through
270 ohm resistors to IOC VIDEO. maybe need to invert the vertical
sync.

Richard

I'm looking for the images of ROMs installed on the IOC (I/O controller)
board of Intel MDS-2 development systems. In particular I'm looking for
the content of the character generator ROM (A19-2708) and of firmware
ROMs (A50 to A53-4x2716). So far I had no success in googling them.
My goal would be to contribute a good emulation of MDS systems to MESS,
especially for what regards the look of the video terminal. Well, this
is the plan, when "real-life" is not inteferring too much...

*Richard Brewster Main, Esq.*

*Of Counsel*Main Cafe
invention & patent development

Newark, CA 94560
+1 408 409 6246
http://www.maincafe.us/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: E-mail may contain *attorney-client confidential
information* that is legally privileged. Do not read this e-mail if you are
not the intended recipient. This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential
information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to
this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
transmission in error, delete it, please immediately notify us by reply
e-mail to mainpatents at gmail.com or contacting us by telephone at
408-409-6246