Update - PDP 11/44 Now on Ebay no reserve

B Degnan billdeg at buzz1.com
Thu May 14 09:57:06 CDT 2015

> That's a neat system. Too far away for me to consider buying, but I'm
still enjoying the pictures.

> The rust looks scary.. I hope that the PCBs aren't badly corroded. That
would be my biggest worry as a potential buyer of the system. I see some
signs of rodent nibbles on ribbon cables inside the tape drive, but those
are easily replaced.

> I wonder what that lower card cage is for? It's not for the internal TU58
tape drive, which is self-contained and uses a plain async serial port.

> I think this will be a cool project for the auction winner.
>
> --

 Good question - not sure what the card cage is used for, I was not
expecting to see one in there when I opened it today.  Fortunately the
computer itself is not corroded like the card cage in the bottom of the
cabinet.  Worst case you can remove the 11/44 from the cabinet entirely.
 Bill