Minor side point Re: HV tracking across flexible PCB strips

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon May 11 14:16:08 CDT 2015

Okay, this is pretty close to a nitpick, but the chemist in me refuses
to let me let it pass.

> 	Surface contamination in a geometry like that is a pretty good suspect$

Nicotine is not actually a hydrocarbon; the molecule has two nitrogens.

Also, most of the gunk deposited on things subjected to tobacco smoke
is not nicotine; it's assorted incomplete-combustion products.

This is not to say that smoke deposits couldn't cause the symptom
described; I would expect they could.  Just that it's probably not
nicotine that's responsible - and that nicotine isn't a hydrocarbon.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org