360/50 microcode listing

Lawrence Wilkinson ljw-cctech at ljw.me.uk
Fri May 8 23:20:10 CDT 2015

On 09/05/15 05:00, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 05/08/2015 11:41 AM, Dave G4UGM wrote:
>>

>> It's a 30 and runs DOS. He now has a converted selectric console. Its
>> very
>> impressive...
>>

> OK, the last time I read this, it seemed that he no longer had access
> to the system.  Here's a quote :
> After that the system languished. I occasionally fired it up to
> demonstrate it, but eventually I gave up paying the rent on the office
> and had
> the power disconnected. The building has gone through several owners
> since then.
> At some stage someone broke the office door down and stole the
> bookshelf that
> held my manuals. I haven't been back there since.
>
> That was written in 1995.  So, I figured that the machine had likely
> been trashed by now.
>
> Jon

Dave was referring to the FPGA version, here's it (and me) from a while
back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HffTSo9zpYI

But yes, the original is long gone. The front panel survives in the
University of Auckland Computer Science department:
https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/historydisplays/FourthFloor/MainFrameComputers/System360Model30.php

Regret for abandoning it was the main reason I started the
re-creation project.

Lawrence Wilkinson                          lawrence at ljw.me.uk
The IBM 360/30 page                   http://www.ljw.me.uk/ibm360