360/50 microcode listing

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu May 7 12:42:20 CDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 10:16 AM, Jon Elson wrote:

> Given the number of DEC 10's that are actually up and running, this
> seems a bit of a surprise.  there might be some emotional attachments
> that are behind this disparity.
> Anybody have some comments?

Could this perhaps be due to S/360 systems being leased more often than
purchased outright?  After all, the leasing system was one of the
cornerstones of IBM's financial success.  Some hold the opinion that it
was more important than any IBM technological innovation.

And, as far as I know, obsolete off-lease equipment was most often
simply junked.

--Chuck