Place of manufacture for DEC equipment?

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:29:53 CDT 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Don North <north at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Many of the PDP-11s in the 70s/80s were built in the DEC plants in Puerto Rico (Aguadilla
> and San German). DEC ran their own charter aircraft between Worcester and Puerto Rico

As a fun aside, one of the PR plants, as well a PDP-8e and some board
assembly, has a brief cameo in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 short
"Progress Island USA."  I've cued up the scene at the time marker
here:

https://youtu.be/ZlyaVk8PKwQ?t=532

Although I've seen that short a dozen times, it was only just now that
I noticed the Perkin-Elmer building, too.

Don - what was the deal with the UFO parked out front?

-j