Sun dead battery / unresponsive openboot

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 18:23:15 CDT 2015

On 05/03/2015 05:51 PM, Ryan K. Brooks wrote:
> Have you tried sending a break?

Yes, I had....

Turns out that it *is* the receive side of the console serial port that's
toast - using a real keyboard/mouse/screen is fine, so I've been able to
reprogram the NVRAM and the machine is booting happily again.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I can do about the serial console - is
there a way of defaulting to console on port B rather than on port A? It's
not a massive problem or anything, but I can see that there might be times
when I want to just quickly use a headless Solaris box (such as today!)
without needing a full GUI.

cheers

Jules