Sun dead battery / unresponsive openboot

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sun May 3 15:48:57 CDT 2015

I have seen almost anything once on Sun machines :O Are you testing with
all cables disconnected just power and serial terminal? I have seriously
seen a bad network cable cause mysterious hangs on a SS10 once...

You've tried some of the other usual troubleshooting stuff like swapping
out/around some of the memory, removing Sbus cards, etc?

Under normal circumstances, it /should/ drop to OF with a dead IDPROM per
my experience ... I always think of my Macs and my NeXTs as being the most
troublesome for not powering on when the battery is flat ... Suns are
almost always ... 99.99% of the time ... good about it.

Best,

Sean