Burroughs B1900 for sale in North Carolina

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri May 1 15:29:15 CDT 2015

    > On 4/14/15 2:07 AM, Nigel Williams wrote:

    >> I hope someone is able to rescue this system

For those who were interested in this thing's fate, I just picked it up, and
it's sitting safely in my garage, waiting for the new owner to arrange
shipping.

It's in really good shape inside (unlike my rodent 11/34's :-), and the cards
look like they are all there. (If anyone's particularly interested in this
machine, email me - _not the list_! - and I'll send you a copy of my detailed
report to the new owner on its condition.)

    > From: Al Kossow

    > There are a couple of obvious things missing, like the cold-start
    > cassette

Actually, there _is_ one of those there, still in the casette drive. Not sure
how good a shape it's in after this long (or the casette drive, for that
matter), but...

    > and any disk drives.

Oddly enough, the seller did have two Burroughs packs (4 platter, I think).
Not sure if they are from this machine, or what's on them - or how one would
ever find a drive to read them on!

    > dumps of the tapes would be a good thing

Alas, the tapes appear to be un-connected to the machine.

	Noel