SGI Indigo2 graphics options

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 17:53:42 CDT 2015

On 03/29/2015 05:32 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:
> For graphics however it has a four-board set; does anyone know what this
> might be? Wikipedia talks about a three-board set for the Maximum Impact,
> and fewer cards for lesser options, but I've not seen mention anywhere of a
> machine using four (unless they're just not counting the analog output
> board as part of the three?)

Just on the back of that, the board with the 13w3 is actually the second
board down. The top board has a DA26F connector and a connector with three
rows of 15 pins each. Not a lot of clues on the board as to its purpose,
although it does say MGV1 in one corner. Maybe some form of hardware MPEG
encoder or capture board?

cheers

Jules