Huge IBM 1800 find (and need some help)

Johannes Thelen johannesthelen at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:02:59 CDT 2015

I just visited see 1800  (900 km of driving! I'm little bit exhausted...) and we had big time with plant manager when we went throught the stash! I think I have infected him of old computer disease, he had very excited this project too, haha! :) Original plan was to pickup some small items today, but it was impossible, because of all my hurry at work :/
But now I have good, interesting and of course,  bad news ... Lets take the bad news first: it seems that machine have donate some parts as can be seen at the pics. That company had another 1800, maybe some parts have been picked out for it... Also there is "small" dust problem, it is every freaking place!
Then interesting news: it have been used to since 1986, longer as I excepted.  Second, and more interesting fact, that same warehouse had used as mushroom farm ;)
Good news: There is documents every where! Just quick look, and I found tens of IBMs original documents! And also it is still fully enough to fix it up. Some spare parts are laying around and almost all stuff what is know used back then, is still there (except Tektronix displays, GRRR!).
****
And that moving... Somebody recommend sleigh and thats really only option, it is absolute enourmous work to but it small pieces. I have to make sleigh of RHS beams, plywood and polyamidi slides. This whole set is lowered on stairs by winch. That's the plan and it should (and would) work!
More coming later! Now I have to sleep!
Oh, the pictures: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_DR111cK6W-SFJpMm16MVgyVFk&usp=sharing

Ps. And thank you for all for good advices! :D Thaaaaanks!

- Johannes ThelenFinland
Before microcomputers blog (Finnish) http://ennenmikrotietokoneita.blogspot.fi/