Siemens FDD-200-8P 8" floppy drive

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Mar 17 20:56:11 CDT 2015

On 03/17/2015 06:41 PM, supervinx wrote:
> Hi!
> Do you know if the Siemens FDD-200-8P has a Shugart compatible
> interface?
> I found only a scanned manual, but it's incomplete, missing the last
> part with the interface specs.

  Yup--I have two here that I run in the usual way.  Look at the Siemens
FDD-100 on bitsavers.  The interface connections are pretty much the
same, but for a side select signal.

Pretty much a Shugart drop-in replacement.

CHM apparently has a copy of the FDD200 OEM manual (collection id
102704183), but I don't think it's on bitsavers.

--Chuck