Question about core sense amplifiers

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Tue Mar 10 10:08:05 CDT 2015

I've got a technical question about core memories.  I've been
looking, in particular, at the MC1540G sense amplifier.  There's
an external capacitor that is supposed to be connected between
pins 1 and 10 (it looks like about .01uF was traditional).  Maybe
I'm being thick this week, but I don't quite get what this does
for the circuit.  It's part of the "DC restoration" section.

I think I have some idea what amplification and slicing mean
in this context, but "DC restoration" isn't firing any neurons.

Can any of you that have studied how core works help me
understand this?

Thanks,

    Vince
--
o< The ASCII Ribbon Campaign Against HTML Email!