Where to get a Vax or microvax

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 14:21:27 CDT 2015

> So, where would you place a VAX8650 in there? Or the 6000- or
> 7000-series? :-D
> (Or, drool, a 9000?)

Those come under the 'many other families' I would argue that those machines
are much rarer and much harder to maintain than the 3 families I suggested for
a _first_ VAX. In fact having seen inside a 6210 cabinet there is no way I would
want to maintain one. Not sure about the 8650, though...

If you want to run those at home, fine... If you are offered one, make sure you
know what you are taking on.

FWIW, I wouldn't recomend a PDP11/45 with only the printset for documentation as a
first PDP11 either. But it's what I started with.

-tony