DEC Logo

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Sun Jun 28 21:50:35 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-28 10:12 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
> On 2015-06-28 6:34 PM, simon wrote:
>> It seems to me that pdp8 is written in futura bold
>
> ITC Avant Garde would probably be closer. (released circa 1970)

Oops, I was looking at the vertical d e c when I said that.

The font used in the "industrial11" logo and across the PDP-8 range, has
been pinned down to the "New York" style of "Chalet"; here's a revival:

   http://www.houseind.com/fonts/chalet/viewfonts

But I can't find a "pdp8" image in the thread. Simon, what image are you
referring to that leads you to say Futura Bold?

--Toby