UNIBUS extension card/cable sets

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jun 25 08:45:35 CDT 2015

    > From: Alan Perry

    > FYI, in my 750, the UNIBUS expansion has a L0010 in the main cabinet
    > and a M9014 in the expansion cabinet.

    > From: tony duell

    > If it's any help I pulled an M9014 out of the Unibus Out slot of my
    > 11/730. There's currently an M9302 in there.

Very interesting! Thanks for the data. This seems to indicate that the M9014
could function as either end of the cable.

I was wondering if maybe the M9015 was an M9014 with termination resistors,
or something (the way the QBUS versions come with and with termination), so
I tried to find a picture of one, but... I can't even find a picture! Has
anyone even seen an M9015?

    >> I see 'three' different kinds of 'UNIBUS to cables' cards listed:

    >>   M9014	UNIBUS to 3 H854s
    >>   M9015	3 H854s to UNIBUS
    >>   M9031	UNIBUS to 3 3M cables for 11/74
    >>   M9042	UNIBUS to 3 H854, Dual

So I have compared an M9014 and an M9042; the former is a 'normal' height dual
module, the latter is a 'short' dual module. I suspect that they have the same
pinout on the Berg headers; I tried a couple of UNIBUS signals, and they led
to the same pin on the Bergs on the two different units.

If and when I get energetic I will make a complete pinout list for the two
units (I haven't been able to find any documentation on any of them online).
Some day I'll even try joining a BA11 to an -11 with a pair of M9014's, and
see if it does indeed work.

Also, does anyone out there with an 11/70 know what the M9031 is used for?
(I.e. does your system have one/more, and if so, where are they?)

	Noel