Printer ribbons [Was: Re: 1990 Era computer room]

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 03:25:28 CDT 2015

you re ink the old  ribbon...  used to  do that  with  tty  ribbons.... the
  14 inch line printer width......   messy  but  doable....

I remember having to make a dried  ribbon a bit juicer one   time   strung
it between to poles in the parkinlot and sprayed  I  think it  was a litte
wd-40 on it.... an rolled her  back  up!

I was  lucky  when I had   computer business...  printer  would  come in
with  extra   ribbons  I would  keep a  few  for shelf   stock...  in 13
years never had to buy any....

It was the absolute  filters   I always  had  to  be  buying  new!  only
once  did I get a  drive   with a couple extra new  ones

Ed#   _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 6/24/2015 1:20:05 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
pontus at Update.UU.SE writes:

On Tue,  Jun 23, 2015 at 10:14:00PM -0700, jwsmobile wrote:
> The only reference  I could find that separated them are to google
> for the printer  ribbons.  I find a lot of the companies who list
> ribbons don't  purge their databases of even the most ridiculously
> old products, and  they list models.

I just experienced the same thing with my  newly found DATASAAB D16.
Google turns up three worthwhile mentions and  whole host of ribbon
resalers.

I kind of assumed that the printer  ribbon was the same as something else
and still awailable. Assuming I am  wrong, what should I do to get a
printer ribbon with fresh  ink?

/P