[RANT]False Beeprog. AGAIN.

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Jun 23 18:05:25 CDT 2015

> [It's] one thing to copy a design and stick your own name on it,
> another to clone something and stick the legit company name and logo
> on it.  Why can't they brick a fake if they want to [...]

The same reason I'm not allowed to smash your car window, even if your
car bears an unauthorized copy of my company's logo: it's vandalism,
basically.

> If I sent a shipload of fake Gucci bags to California the local port
> authorities would just grab them and burn them.

If you want to argue that Customs has the right to take a shipment of
the fake devices and brick them en masse, I think you'll get a lot less
argument.  A better analogy to the case at hand would be, if you sold a
fake Gucci bag retail and Gucci thought they had the right to take it
from the buyer and burn it.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org