Nopecraft - was Re: OT: learner kits

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 19:06:12 CDT 2015

> Right. Get 'em hooked on Minecraft, and then it'll be easier to push them into harder drugs like VHDL later! :)

There is a good grain of truth to that. In complex Minecraft command
block systems, a programmer has to think about many, many tasks,
running in parallel, each triggered by real time events connected with
the redstone logic network. That starts to sound like Verilog.

In thinking further - I might think that learning to do complex
Minecraft command block systems is probably *better* for training
future engineers that giving them a bunch of TTL and a protoboard.

--
Will