RK06 alignment pack

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 13:02:10 CDT 2015

> What is the difference between an RK06 and 07 ?
>
> Is it capacity?

Yes, in particular number of cylinders. Both have 3 heads and IIRC same number
of sectors.

The RK07 has narrower heads than the RK06. AFAIK the RK07 will not even read
an RK06 pack (I am not sure the servo will manage to lock).

> Could this pack be used to align an RK07 ?

AFAIK, no. If it could, I would have bought it (given I have a pair of RK07s)

> I ask because we have an RK07 at the Update Computer Club.

I also seem to remember that this pack is used with a special alignement
meter, not a 'scope. And that there are special tools for moving the heads
I found a sort-of user manual for this on bitsavers, but no schematics of the
meter, so no easy way to replicate it.

-tony