XH558 - was Re: using new technology etc

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Thu Jun 18 11:10:16 CDT 2015

> On Jun 18, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Mike Stein <mhs.stein at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Gauger-Cosgrove" <captainkirk359 at gmail.com>

My son is stationed at Beale AFB (where the SR-71s were originally based) and 7963 is on static display there.  I've been up to it (you can actually *touch* it!)  They are wicked cool looking and *big*.   They also have a static display of the drone which could be launched from the back of an SR-71.  After some initial testing (can't remember if they lost an aircraft in the process), they decided it wasn't a particularly good idea.  The clearance between the drone and the vertical stabilizers/rudders is not large.

TTFN - Guy