DEC Logo

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 18 09:55:41 CDT 2015

Yup thats it  There were a couple of them in a glass case in the
entrance to Parker Street  (DEC HQ after they moved out of the Mill)
There was a story (There was always a story at DEC)  that one engineer
had put a lump of lead in two of them and used them for bookends.

My favorite story was one I know to be true. The story was that Ken
Olsen drove a Pinto (cheap amercian car) and parked with everyone else.
Sure enough there was this tatty Pinto parked in the main car park. To a
depth of two cars the parking spaces around it were empty!!

The other one was his saying that the door to his office was always
open. His office didn't have a door.!!  He had it removed when he came
over from the mill..

Rod Smallwood