Front Panels Personal Update

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Thu Jun 18 08:58:44 CDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Christian Gauger-Cosgrove
<captainkirk359 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That article is quite neat, I must say. I always thought that the logo was
> only Helvetica, but it's interesting to see what it really is.

The only reason I know about the article was due to Google, but that
was because I used to work for ArcSight and we were taken over by HP.
I wanted to make a faux ArcSight logo in the image of the old DEC logo
for a co-worker who retired early from HP. I made my faux-logo did
using Helvetica. His story was interesting. He worked for Tandem. Was
bought by Digital. Was bought by Compaq. Was bought my HP. Took early
retirement. Found job at ArcSight. Worked there for a few years and
then was assimilated by HP (again.) It was amusing for him to see
everything come full-circle.