SS10 console settings

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sun Jun 14 10:19:55 CDT 2015

The default is 9600/8/N/1 but maybe someone messed with the default comms
parameters in OpenFirmware; have you just tried it at a bunch of different
baud rates on your terminal [emulator]? I believe sending a BREAK on ttya
is equivalent to the Stop-A from the graphics head but it's been a while
... there might also be an equivalent for Stop-D. I would suspect it's more
likely to be just in a different baud rate, than to have the number of data
bits, parity, etc modified ... but you never know ... just where I'd begin
... If you have an old serial protocol analyzer sitting around, it should
be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

Have you tried taking a peek through the service manual? It might have some
other suggestions.

The Sparc 10 was a great little machine in its day ... rock solid ... it
made an excellent, compact, light-duty server; I used to have a ton of them!

Best,

Sean