Collectors pay big money for old tech

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Jun 12 09:41:37 CDT 2015

It's too bad that I catch myself thinking this so frequently these days,
but "thank goodness I got mine" ... before the scene blew up... I guess the
good times of just pulling carloads of cool stuff out of the dumpster for
nothing couldn't go on forever... I do tend to agree; at least it's getting
preserved; but it's a shame if the financial barrier to entry to the hobby
is keeping potentially interested & enthusiastic people away... Like you,
I'd rather see someone playing with the machine; taking it apart; fooling
around; not having it just sit there in a glass case or being just another
addition to some guy's hoard who just has to have it all...

Best,

Sean