VAX-11/730 %BOOT-F-Unexpected Machine Check

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Jun 9 11:04:17 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-09 17:45, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> Self-replying for another possibly-dumb question. Would any of the TU58 images below likely be full VMS installation images, as opposed to just updates and patches?
>
> http://iamvirtual.ca/VAX11/VAX-11-software.html

If you by "full VMS installation" means the whole VMS distribution, as
just opposed to the installation tools, then I don't think that was made
available on TU58 since V4 or so.
It would just be too many tapes...

The standalone BACKUP system, however, should be available on TU58. And
I can see V5.3 standalone BACKUP tapes in there at least.

> If so, another option might be to make a fresh installation onto a blank RL02 (I think I have one), so I could then boot from that and try to examine what's on the R80.

I do not think you can install VMS on an RL02. It's too small.

	Johnny