PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jun 4 17:04:25 CDT 2015

On 06/02/2015 05:09 AM, Michael Thompson wrote:

> I sent him an email and asked about the hammer, and a source for paper and
> ribbons.
> The platen is hard as a rock, so we will need to do something about that
> too.

There's some stuff called "Rubber Renue" sold for just that purpose.
Basically, it's a mixture of methyl salicylate (oil of wintergreen) and
xylol.  You brush it on and give it time (hours) to soak in.  Repeat if
necessary.

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/cleaners/specialty-cleaners/rubber-renue-408a/

I can attest to its working and the nice minty odor...

--Chuck