Rescue update: DEC RC-25s + / was Re: DEC cartridge ID

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Jun 1 12:09:04 CDT 2015

> Three RC-25 drives with a dozen-or-so cartridges. We know at least one
drive works.

  If you actually get an RC-25 drive working, I'd love to hear about it.  I
have three RC25s (one actually in my 11/725 and two spares) and none of them
work.  They were never very reliable drives, even when brand new, and are
possibly the worst drives DEC ever made.  Fortunately for an 11/23 or 11/83
there are lots of alternative drives available.

Bob