H960 blank panel clips

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 30 00:26:07 CDT 2015

From: Charles Dickman: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:03 AM
> If the posts and balls are metal, the panel sockets are going to crack
> because there will not be any give in the shaft. If the ball and shaft
> is replaced with a solid pin, the panel sockets will get damaged
> because the socket will have to flex to conform to the pin.

Ah, sorry. I had not payed close attention to how the counterpart works
and automatically assumed it was some sort of metal spring fitted into
a recess in the plastic panel that clips and holds onto the ball head.
As I see now, it is just a tube-shaped outgrowth of the panel plastic
itself. Phew... Anyway, thanks for clearing this up.

Arno