DEC Power Conditioner on Ebay

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Tue Jul 28 16:34:48 CDT 2015

On Tuesday (07/28/2015 at 11:22AM -0400), Douglas Taylor wrote:
> I ran into this looking for something else on ebay:
>
> Digital Constant Voltage Conditioner H7225  item 331591861028
>
> I don't think I ever saw one of these before, were they of any use?

I have one.  Heavy beast.  It is a ferro-resonant transformer that is
roughly equivalent to what folks may know as a "Sola" (now owned
by Emerson) or other sort of line voltage stabilizer.

Mine is model 7225-AA and is only rated at 4A @ 120VAC and for the weight,
seems like I'm getting jipped.

I don't know what DEC's intended use was for them but I have used mine
at ham radio antenna range testing and other outdoor venues where the
AC power comes from a generator or over a very long extension cord and
have powered small amounts of test equipment or radio gear from it.

It takes a wider range AC input and "regulates" it to 120V, with some
amount of filtering and transient supression behavior.

--
Chris Elmquist