VAX-11/750 registry (Was: Reviving a VAX-11/750)

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Jul 7 16:30:06 CDT 2015

>P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com wrote:
> wonder how the ratio of VAX 6000s and 7000s in enthusiasts' hands
> compared of VAX 11's in terms of numbers is? I guess that /780 and
> larger systems are rare, but I'd guess that there are some more /730
> and /750 around. No idea if my gut feeling reflects facts, though.

  I know there are several people around with the larger VAXes in storage.
That's why I asked about the "working condition" - I'm sure the number of
big VAXes that could be switched on, say, this afternoon, is quite a bit
smaller.

  FWIW, most 6000 machines weren't even that big.  They're smaller than a
780 by quite a bit.  I don't know about a 7000 or 10000 - I never actually
used one of those in real life.

Bob